There are an estimated 10 million auto accidents every year, and more than two million people suffer auto accident-related injuries. One second you could be driving down the road without any problems, the next you could be in serious pain. Unfortunately, pain doesn't always go away after the initial recovery—if you continue to struggle with an auto accident-related injury, consider visiting a chiropractor. Dr. Clark Eckert of Eckert Chiropractic has years of experience easing the pain of auto accident victims.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
While there are many ways to get injured in an auto accident, some injuries are more common than others. You might consider seeing a chiropractor if you suffer any of the following injuries.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the head goes forward and backward in quick succession, damaging the soft tissues in the neck. The symptoms of whiplash often don't appear for days or weeks after the accident, which is why it’s a good idea to see a medical professional after even a minor collision.
- Lower Back Injury: An auto accident can wreak havoc on the discs between your vertebrae. It's also common to suffer strains or sprains in the muscles of the lower back during an auto accident.
- Arm and Leg Injuries: Many auto accident victims also suffer blunt or penetrating injuries to their arms and legs. Joint damage can be particularly painful and slow to heal.
How Can a Chiropractor Help You After An Accident?
If you are still suffering pain even after your injuries have supposedly healed, you'll likely see great results by visiting a chiropractor. Here are just a few chiropractic services that can ease the pain caused by whiplash and other accident-related injuries.
- Chiropractic Adjustment: It's common for the spinal column to be pushed out of alignment during an auto accident. A chiropractic alignment can ensure that your spine is properly configured, improving your body's physical function.
- Electrical Stimulation: Electrical stimulation can reduce spasms and inflammation in painful muscles. The process involves the placement of electrodes on the skin, and is completely painless.
- Spinal Decompression: Back pain is most often caused by pressure on the spinal cord. Stretching the spine through spinal decompression can relieve the pressure, causing pain to subside.
Injuries suffered from an auto accident can take some time to become apparent. Many symptoms are caused by the strain put on the body by the crash, but they are initially masked by other injuries. These symptoms can include headache and jaw pain.
It is important to seek treatment for injuries from an auto accident as soon as possible. A chiropractor such as Dr. Clark Eckert in Oak Ridge, TN can treat many types of pain associated with collisions, without resorting to prescription drugs or surgery.
Have you been in a car crash? Are you suffering from chronic pain because of your injury?
You don’t need to suffer. Learn how chiropractic can help you recover from auto injuries.
Auto injuries are a common source of chronic pain. Getting the proper treatment early after your crash can be very important in recovering quickly.
Most auto injury pain originates in the spine, and that’s why chiropractic can be beneficial: we get to the underlying trauma that you experienced and help your body heal.